Adoption - Terms and Conditions
If you have not done so already, please complete an application if you are interested in adopting a puppy or dog from Sunny Paws Rescue, Inc.
This Agreement entered into this date by and between Sunny Paws Rescue, Inc. hereinafter SPR, and the applicant, hereinafter the ADOPTER.
- The adopter is at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license.
- The adopter agrees that the rescue makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, about said animals condition, health, or temperament, and is herby absolved from any liability for future claims, legal actions, losses, damages or injuries caused by said animal.
- The adopter understands that if the animal develops any health issues within the first 7 days of adoption, the adopter will call SPR immediately at 508-468-4627. The adopter also understands that if the animal develops a health issue during the 7 days, all treatment must be approved by SPR in advance for reimbursement or payment.
- The adopter agrees to keep said pet on heartworm and flea/tick prevention for the entirety of the pet's life.
- The adopter agrees to contact SPR at any time if they are unable to keep said pet. The rescue will reclaim the pet at no charge, and with no refund to adopter. The adopter will contact SPR at email@example.com or 508-468-7627.
- The adopter agrees that if a vet recommends euthanasia of the animal, for any reason other than old age, I will contact SPR before any final decision is made.
- The adopter agrees to pay the adoption fee of $550 plus a $100 refundable neuter/spay deposit via cash, check or credit card. Checks can be made payable to Sunny Paws Rescue, Venmo payments can also be made to @SunnyPawsRescue1 (last four of phone is: 7627). Adoption fees MUST be paid prior to the date of adoption unless another arrangement is made and agreed upon.
- If adopter is adopting an unaltered puppy, he/she must be spayed/neutered by 1 year old and proof of surgery shall be send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with name of animal at the time of adoption and method of payment at time of adoption. SPR will return spay/neuter deposit to adopter within 1 week of notification.
- The adopter agrees to be a responsible pet owner with an upkeep on annual vaccinations, to obtain veterinary care as necessary, invest in doggy daycare and training as necessary, and do everything in his/her power to be the parent their pet needs to be for the rest of its life.
- The adopter agrees that if he/she is adopting a puppy, the puppy will most likely need more boosters before taking the puppy out in public areas (parks, stores, etc.). Bringing the puppy to public areas before all boosters are complete puts the puppy at risk for catching diseases and viruses that will be the adopter's sole responsibility to treat.
-The adopter understand that when adopting an animal, said animal will have a transition period, sometimes up to 3 months, and it will take time for them to become acclimated to their home and lifestyle.
- Adopter agrees to carefully and properly introduce the new animal to the existing animals, children and other household members.
- The adopter agrees to NEVER chain the animal outside or have the animal life solely outside. If this is done, SPR will investigate and will take this animal back into the rescue.
- The adopter agrees that all household members are in agreement with adopting the animals and that any allergies to animals, rental requirements, and size of the animal as an adult, are taken into consideration before adoption.
- The adopter agrees that all the information provided on the application and this contract is true and accurate and understands that any falsification may result in the nullification of the adoption.
Complete adoption application here.